Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||St. Paul, MN United States
|| Information Technology
Eligibility Policy Information Technology (IT) Project Lead|
The Eligibility Policy IT Project Lead provides leadership, strategic planning, and business area planning to support Health Care Eligibility and Access (HCEA) participation on information technology (IT) projects across the Department of Human Services (DHS) affecting federal programs including: Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Basic Health Program (BHP).
• The incumbent provides expertise and consultation to division leadership with regard to high-level system development, modernization, strategic planning and monitoring, IT project status and issue tracking, division resource allocation, and staff readiness for successful IT project participation. Develop and maintain a strategic plan and priorities for development, implementation, and monitoring of IT systems for Medicaid, CHIP, and BHP eligibility.
• Make recommendations to HCEA, HCA, DHS, and MN.IT leadership about the strategic priorities and direction for IT systems development based on ongoing monitoring of that work and business priorities.
• The incumbent leads HCEA staff in understanding, preparing for and executing successful participation in IT projects to implement and maintain health care eligibility policy on existing and developing IT systems.
• Work with HCA representatives on system modernization and maintenance governance groups to ensure that this strategic direction is reflected in overall IT prioritization efforts.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise to high-profile projects that involve IT systems and health care eligibility. May substitute for the division director as an IT project sponsor.
• Identify opportunities, barriers and resources needed to accomplish priority IT work.
• Monitor and report on the status of IT projects, deployments, project deliverables, and systems defects across IT systems and projects that include and involve HCEA staff.
• Oversee the completion of a weekly IT project dashboard and alert HCEA leadership of priority projects at risk for deviation from scope or schedule; recommend interventions to mitigate or resolve issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Seven (7) years of professional experience demonstrating one or more of the following:
o Strategic planning related to modernization or updating/enhancing of Information Technology (IT) systems for Medicaid eligibility.
o Managing IT projects including leading and directing project tasks of other team members.
o Performing IT business analysis functions.
• Experience with the Minnesota Eligibility Technology System (METS), IBM Curam solutions for Healthcare reform, MAXIS, or Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
• Knowledge of or experience with eligibility policy for Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) or Basic Health Program (BHP).
• Knowledge of or experience with the federal Advanced Planning Document (APD) process.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.