Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Jefferson City, MO United States
|| Manufacturing and Production, Warehousing, Logistics
Fulfillment Center Team Supervisor |
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Team Supervisor - 2nd Shift is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the area with particular emphasis on the management of the operations personnel, the implementation of warehouse action plans, the tracking/recording of hours and employee meetings are conducted.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides direct supervision to operations personnel.
• Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet standards.
• May provide training and technical assistance in other departments.
• Will handle performance reviews, disciplinary issues, coaching/counseling and overall employee relations.
• Oversees Kronos coding, verifying time and monitoring attendance.
• Will schedule personnel and track staffing requirements.
• Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required.
• Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
May be involved in various projects and cross training in other areas/responsibilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
• BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Transportation, or Operations related curriculum preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of proven front-line management experience in operations for a manufacturing or distribution company.
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
• Previous experience utilizing independent decision making.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Previous AS400, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations.
• Proven supervisory skills including organizing and prioritizing work, and utilizing sound judgment.
• Excellent overall customer service skills.
Must be able to work 2nd Shift Hours - 4:00pm - 12:30am
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|Contact Name:||Terry Donner|
Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. We distribute our products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and scholastic.com.
Please visit our employer showcase!